Cuckooing and Mate crime
The purpose of the training is to provide professionals and volunteers working with adults a basic awareness of mate crimes/ cuckooing.
The session will be compliant with SET Safeguarding Adults procedures, all relevant legislation and the Care Act 2014.
What you will learn:
- Understand what mate crimes/cuckooing are
- Examine the types of crimes that are perpetrated
- Identify the signs and symptoms of this type of abuse
- Identify individuals/groups who may be at risk and the reasons why
- Identify the type of actions that can be taken to safeguard individuals
- Understand your responsibility and appropriate reporting procedures
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.
Thurrock Council staff can book using the internal employee self-service system.
If you are not employed by Thurrock Council and would like to join one of the courses, contact our training team: